- View linked slideshow images:
- Slideshow image #1
Ararat has been officially recognised by the Campervan and Motorhome Club of Australia as an ‘RV Friendly Town’ - one that happily provides amenities and services for the mobile traveller.
Ararat is one of Victoria’s few recognised RV Friendly towns, with a dump point in Alexandra Avenue, opposite the Alexandra Gardens. The city also has amenities and services for the mobile traveller, including parking within close proximity to shops and access to potable water.
To become recognised as an RV friendly town certain services and facilities must be available, these include:
- access to medical and pharmacy services
- parking within close proximity to general shopping area with groceries and fresh produce
- service centre for basic vehicle repairs
- a Visitor Information Centre (VIC) and town map with essential services
- access to potable water
- access to Dump Point
- provision of short term (24/48/72-hour) parking within 2.5 kilometres of town centre
- provision of longer-term parking within 10 kilometres of town centre, at a reasonable rate
- 'RV Friendly Town' signs erected at town entrances